Patches of May Flowers
It’s been a long winter, but at last spring is here, and it’s beautiful!
Community Day has remained on our monthly calendar here at Equinox, though tooting our horns about it… perhaps not so much.
Nonetheless, here’s what we’ve been up to:
- Galen Charlton worked on backporting security fixes to MARC::File::XML at the request of Debian.
- Galen also revived the Koha IRC development meeting and chaired it on February 25th.
- Bill Erickson reviewed and pushed various patches made by other Evergreen developers, including:
- Erica Rohlfs started work as a new Bug Wrangler for Evergreen and tested and confirmed (or in one case, dis-confirmed) a number of bugs, including:
- Galen chaired the general Koha meeting on May 7th.
- Galen also reviewed, tested, and improved on Koha patches written by others:
- Bill wrote a number of patches to do things like:
- Bill also tested and merged a number of patches written by other community members, including:
- Mike Rylander wrote a patch to allow Evergreen’s bib record overlay feature to match on indicator values.
The Equinoxers who have been acting as Release Managers and Release Maintainers have also been busy.
In March, Galen cut the release of OpenSRF 2.3.0.
In May, Galen released the beta for Koha 3.16. Mark your calendars for May 22nd, which is when the general release of 3.16.0 will happen!
Also in May, Mike released Evergreen 2.4.7.
Speaking personally, it is a great pleasure to work with my colleagues and see their commitment to improving both Koha and Evergreen for the benefit of the broader community.